Happy Independence day from all of us here at IdealShape!
One of the best parts of the Fourth of July is the food: BBQs, treats, ice cream, it’s all so good!
Of course on special occasions, it’s fine to indulge a little. That’s what makes life fun and balanced! However, I still like to keep most of my meals healthy and on point even on holidays. But just because I said “healthy” doesn’t mean they can’t be downright delicious!
That’s why I’ve got seven YUMMY and festive Fourth of July recipes for you! Each are made with IdealShape products and will help satisfy your cravings while still keeping you on track with your weight loss goals.
Share with your family or just keep them for yourself, I won’t tell! These would be the perfect addition to a BBQ, family breakfast, or treat while you watch fireworks!
Healthy Fourth of July Recipes
Very Berry Oatmeal
1 pouch of Maple & Brown Sugar IdealOatmeal
2 tsp ground flax seed
½ c frozen mixed berries
1 tbsp cashews
- Prepare IdealOatmeal according to directions. Mix in flax seed.
- Microwave the berries for about 30 seconds to slightly warm and soften them.
- Top oatmeal with berries and cashews. Enjoy!
Prep time 5 minutes. Serves: 1
Calories: 240 Protein: 19g Carbs: 27g Fat: 7g
Patriotic Protein Parfait
⅔ c plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
½ scoop Vanilla IdealShake
¼ c strawberries, sliced
¼ c blueberries
- Mix together yogurt and IdealShake until smooth.
- Layer your yogurt with the blueberries and strawberries however you would like. Enjoy!
Prep time: 5 minutes. Serves 1
Calories: 167 Protein: 21g Carbs: 18g Fat: 2g
Fat Burning Smoothie
1 c water
1 green tea bag
1 c frozen blueberries
3 ice cubes
6 oz nonfat plain greek yogurt
1 scoop Vanilla IdealShake
1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
- Boil water and pour over tea bags.
- Let it steep for about 4 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and squeeze excess liquid out of the bags. Let the tea cool.
- Mix all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Enjoy!
Prep time: 20 minutes. Serves 1
Calories: 305 Protein: 31g Carbs: 37g Fat: 5g
Healthy Protein Fruit Tarts
½ cup pecans, chopped
1 scoop Vanilla IdealShake
9 dates, pitted and diced
2/3 c Coco-Whip by So-Delicious (whipped coconut cream)
Berries and fruit of your choice
- Blend the chopped pecans in a food processor. Add the dates and IdealShake until you get a sticky dough-like consistency.
- Divide the crust mixture into 5 muffin tins. Press the crust down into the mold to create a tart. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Once chilled, carefully lift the crust out of the muffin tins. Top each tart with 2 tbsp of coco-whip and your berries of choice!
Prep time: 2 hours 20 minutes. Serves 5 (serving size is 1 tart)
Calories: 230 Protein: 4g Carbs: 35g Fat: 10g
Blueberry Swirl Ice Cream
3 medium bananas, frozen and cut into chunks
1/4 c unsweetened almond milk
1 scoop Vanilla IdealShape
3/4 c frozen blueberries
1 tbsp. coconut sugar
- Combine the blueberries and coconut sugar to a saucepan and place over medium heat. Mash blueberries up with a fork and continue to stir mixture until it thickens. It should take between 5-8 minutes. Once the mixture is chunky and thick, transfer to a bowl, cover and refrigerate while you make the ice cream.
- Place the frozen banana pieces in a high powered blender with the almond milk and IdealShake. Blend until smooth and creamy like soft serve.
- Transfer half of the ice cream to a freezer-safe container, then top it with half of the blueberry mixture. Repeat with the rest of the ice cream and blueberry sauce. Swirl mixture a few times with a knife to create layers. Cover and freeze for 3 hours or until ice cream hardens. Before serving, let the ice cream sit at room temperature for a few minutes.
Prep time: 3 hrs 15 min Serves 3, serving size is ½ cup
Calories: 170 Protein: 5g Carbs: 38g Fat: 2g
Oven Baked Berry Oatmeal
2 c rolled oats
1 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. ground flax
3/4 c unsweetened shredded coconut
1 1/2 c mixed berries, fresh or frozen
1 large egg
2 tbsp. maple syrup
1 scoop French Vanilla IdealShake
2 c unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray an 8X8 baking dish or pie dish with coconut oil cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, ground flax, and shredded coconut. Add in the berries and toss gently. Set aside.
- In a blender, blend together the egg, maple syrup, IdealShake, and almond milk. Slowly pour over the oat mixture and gently toss until the oats are coated. Pour into your prepared pan. Make sure the berries are evenly scattered around the dish.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the top turns golden and the middle is cooked through.
Prep time: 45 min Serves 5, serving size is ½ cup
Calories: 300 Protein: 9g Carbs: 38g Fat: 8g
Chocolate Avocado Smoothie
3/4 c whole strawberries, frozen
1/4 of an avocado
1 c unsweetened cashew milk
1 scoop chocolate IdealShape
- Blend all the ingredients together until smooth. Enjoy!
Prep time: 5 min Serves 1
Calories: 240 Protein: 13g Carbs: 23g Fat: 12g
Hope you enjoy these Fourth of July recipes and have a wonderful Independence Day! If you want even more YUMMY weight loss recipes, then be sure to download our FREE Smoothie eBook!