Make the Best Healthy French Toast for Mom
Need a great way to treat mom this Mother’s Day without sabotaging all of her healthy habits? We have just the thing.
Everyone loves brunch, but we don’t know many moms who get the opportunity to linger over a leisurely morning meal! This Mother’s Day, whip up our delicious and healthy Ideal Berries & Cream French Toast recipe and serve it to mom before she’s even out of bed, with a hot coffee or a cold glass of orange juice.
Not only will she get to relax in bed for much longer than usual, she won’t even have to worry about sabotaging her healthy goals with a greasy or sugary breakfast. This French toast recipe uses delicious IdealShake to give mom complete nutrition without adding anything she doesn’t need on her plate.
Now get cooking–Mother’s Day is almost here!
Ideal Berries & Cream French Toast
1 medium egg
½ scoop Vanilla IdealShake
⅛ tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
2 slices whole-wheat bread
¼ cup fresh berries (strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, etc.)
1 tbsp unsweetened coconut milk
sugar-free maple syrup, if desired
- Refrigerate a can of unsweetened coconut milk upside down overnight (or for at least 8 hours).
- In a shallow bowl, whisk the egg and then add Vanilla IdealShake, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and almond milk. Beat until thoroughly combined.
- Dip the slices of bread in egg mixture, turning to coat both sides of the bread evenly, and place onto a hot skillet or griddle on medium heat until browned on both sides.
- Open can of coconut milk. After being refrigerated, the top of the coconut milk should be solidified. Scoop solidified coconut milk (not the coconut water underneath) into a mixing bowl and whisk until it turns into whipped cream.
- Top slices of french toast with 1 tablespoon of the coconut whipped cream, berries of your choice, and sugar free maple syrup.
- Enjoy! Thanks moms!
Serves 1. Calories: 282 / Carbs 37g / Fat 11g / Protein 18gReady to learn more about IdealShake? Check out each benefit here