When I think back on my life and consider the things that I am most passionate about, I immediately think of two things. 1. health and 2. family. For as long as I can remember I have been interested in health and I have always had an interest and passion for families. My major in college was Family Studies so I got to spend the better part of 5 years learning all about families. These two passions of mine really do go hand in hand. I am always looking for ways to incorporate health into my family and I know there are many of you out there who want the same thing.
Probably the most important part of living a health life is eating a healthy, well balanced diet. Sometimes that can be difficult to incorporate into the lives of children because kids don’t seem to always love the healthiest foods. So I came up with 5 healthy snacks that you are your kids are sure to love!
1. Frozen grapes. I’m not sure if you have ever popped grapes in the freezer but if you haven’t, do it! For some reason frozen grapes are so much more delicious than room temperature grapes. I guess because they are more like popsicles. I am obsessed with popsicles! I think because I am basically a kid still.
2. Popcorn! I don’t know a soul who doesn’t love popcorn. Have a movie night as a family and pop a couple bags of popcorn. Get the 100 calorie bags for a low calorie, but still delicious, snack that everyone will enjoy.
3. Smoothies. A fruit smoothie is sure to be a hit with any kid. Or how about a chocolate peanut butt smoothie? Yum! A smoothie is also a great way to get your kids to eat foods they normally won’t. You can easily mix in spinach and they won’t taste a thing. It’ll just make the shake green. Other add ins you can try are cottage cheese or tofu. Don’t be afraid to add in some of your IdealShape shake powder. It’s a great way to get nutrients to your young ones!
4. Fruit and cheese. Cheese goes great with apples or grapes, or fresh berries. you can arrange a fruit and cheese platter as an after school snack. Or make it even more kid friendly by cutting your cheese into cubes and making cheese and fruit kabobs.
5. Celery and peanut butter. As a little girl my favorite snack was celery with peanut butter. Sometimes my mom would put the peanut butter on the celery and put raisins on top of the peanut butter and call it ants on a log. Other times she would just cut the celery into slices and give me a bowl of peanut butter and let me go to town dipping my celery in peanut butter.
What are your favorite kid friendly snacks? Share your ideas by commenting below!