There’s nothing I love more than themed party food. If I’m throwing a party, you better believe everything served is going to follow a theme!
I absolutely LOVE Mexican food, so I teamed up with IdealShape to make some delicious recipes for your Cinco de Mayo party that can totally fit into your meal plan for weight loss.
Try out these delicious recipes and let me know how you like them!
2 large avocados, diced
1 roma tomato, diced
¼ c red onion, diced
¼ c cilantro, chopped
¼ jalapeno, diced (optional)
1 lime, juiced
salt & pepper to taste
2 tsp. avocado or olive oil, drizzled
- Lightly toss all of the ingredients together. Be careful not to over mix or the avocados will get mushy.
- Let the salsa sit for about 10 minutes before serving. This allows the flavors to marinate. Serve with chips and enjoy!
Serves 3. Serving Size: ½ cup.
Calories per serving: 265/ Protein 3g / Carbs 6g / Fat 26g
Salmon Tacos with Mango Salsa
4 oz. salmon fillet, fresh or frozen
2 tsp. avocado oil
salt and pepper
2 corn tortillas
- Heat oven to 375ºF. Line a shallow baking pan with parchment paper.
- Pat salmon dry with paper towel. Place salmon, skin side down, in pan; brush with 2 tsp. avocado oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake uncovered 15 to 25 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with fork
Mango Salsa Ingredients
½ cup mango, chopped (fresh or thawed)
2 tbsp. red pepper chopped
2 tbsp. red onion, diced
2 tbsp. jalapeno
½ lime, juiced
2 tsp. avocado or olive oil
2 tbsp, cilantro, diced
Mango Salsa Directions
- Mix together all of the salsa ingredients. Season salsa with salt and pepper. The longer it sits, the more flavor it will have.
To assemble: Warm or toast the tortillas over the stove. Divide salmon between the two tortillas. Top with mango salsa. Enjoy!!
Serves 2. Serving Size: 1 salmon taco with ¼ cup salsa.
Calories per serving: 218 / Protein 14g / Carbs 18g / Fat 11g
Tres Leches Shake
1 c unsweetened almond milk
1 scoop Cinnamon Bun IdealShake
⅓ c Vanilla Halo Top ice cream
1 tbsp. fat-free sweetened condensed milk
¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Blend all the ingredients together until smooth!
Optional: Top with cool-whip, a drizzle of sweetened condensed milk, and a dash of cinnamon.
Serves 1. Serving Size: 1 ½ cups.
Calories per serving: 236/ Protein 17g / Carbs 33g / Fat 6g
Virgin Mango Lime Margarita
1 ½ cups frozen mango chunks
3 tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
1 cup water
1 Peach Mango Idealboost
½ cup ice
- Blend all the ingredients together until smooth. Pour into a fun margarita glass and enjoy!
Serves 1. Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups.
Calories per serving: 152 / Protein 2g / Carbs 37g / Fat 1g