Mother’s Day is a day to treat your momma right! I always like to serve my mom breakfast in bed on Mother’s Day, or sometimes we will have all the mom’s in our life over for a Mother’s Day Brunch!
I wanted to share with you guys the recipes I’m making for brunch this year for my mom. We like sweet options, but I always try to make the recipes a little healthier! Try these out and let me know what you think!
Lemon Berry Breakfast Bruschetta
2 oz. Greek cream cheese, softened
½ scoop Vanilla IdealShake
1 ½ tsp. lemon zest
1 tsp. lemon juice
whole wheat baguette, sliced (recipe only uses ½ baguette)
½ c strawberries, sliced
¼ c blueberries
½ c raspberries
- Stir together the berries in a bowl, and drizzle with a little honey if you would like. Let the berries sit and share juices for flavor.
- Slice the baguette and spray each piece with non-stick coconut oil spray. Lay the bread on a cookie sheet and toast in the oven for a few minutes at 450 degrees. Set aside.
- Stir together the Greek cream cheese, vanilla idealshake, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Mix until smooth and set aside.
- To assemble: Spread each toasted bread with about 1 tsp. of the cream cheese mixture. Top with berries. Repeat until all the bruschetta is assembled. Makes about 6 good sized bruschetta. Garnish with fresh mint and enjoy!
Serves 6. Serving Size: 1 bruschetta. Calories per serving: 93 / Protein 5g / Carbs 15g / Fat 2g
Chocolate Berry Dessert Cups
¼ c dark chocolate chips
½ scoop Chocolate IdealShake
1 tsp. coconut oil
1 c fresh berries
- Line 4 muffin tins with cupcake liners, spray with nonstick spray, and set aside.
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil and mix until smooth. Add IdealShake and stir until combined.
- Brush chocolate mixture into each cup, coating bottoms and sides, to create cup.
- Place in freezer and leave for 2 hours, or until solid. Fill each with ¼ cup fresh berries. Enjoy!
Serves 4. Serving size: 1 cup. Calories per serving: 110 / Protein 3g / Carbs 14g / Fat 7g