Would you believe me if I told you that in order to lose fat you need to eat fat?
Honestly, I’m not making this up!
When it comes down to weight loss, fats are your friends! And I’m not talking about all fats, only certain ones that are considered ‘healthy’ fats! And you can find these types of fats in omega-3 foods.
So what are omega-3 fatty acids and why do we need to eat foods containing them?
Omega-3 fatty acids are considered essential acids, and this is because our bodies need them.
They support brain function, aid in reducing inflammation in joints, help to suppress your appetite, and most importantly support metabolism (which is HUGE for weight loss!) They’re important, but our bodies don’t produce them so we have to make sure we get enough of them through omega-3 foods.
While there are omega-3 foods you can eat, sometimes it’s easier to take a supplement to get your daily dose. Look no further than IdealOmega! With our recommended 1-2 capsules a day, you will quickly and easily be giving your body 500-1000 mg of the necessary omega-3 fatty acids that it needs!
You may be scratching your head trying to figure out how to get these “friendly fats” into your diet, but I have made it even more simple by putting together these 10 delicious recipes using omega-3 foods!
Impress your tastebuds with these mega-mouthwatering recipes!
2 c leafy greens
1/2 c shelled edamame, cooked
2 tbsp. dried unsweetened cranberries
2 tbsp. feta cheese
2 tbsp. poppy seed dressing
- Toss all ingredients and enjoy!
Apricot Nut & Seed Bars
1/2 c uncooked quinoa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Blend dates until smooth (add water if needed).
- Mix blended dates with all other ingredients. Press down into the bottom of parchment lined loaf pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool and cut into 8 squares.
Chia Yogurt Bowl
- Mix greek yogurt and chia seeds. Top with fruit and enjoy!
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Flaxseed Bites
- Blend dates until smooth (add water if needed). Mix with flaxseed, macadamia nuts, and white chocolate chips. Roll into 12 even balls and store in refrigerator.
Honey Glazed Walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients until walnuts are fully coated. Spread onto parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes (flipping halfway through). Allow to cool and enjoy!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Mousse
- Blend all ingredients until smooth and creamy. Refrigerate 20 minutes or until serving and enjoy!
Green Omega Smoothie
- Add ice, blend, & enjoy!
Sesame Ginger Salmon Lettuce Wraps
- Mix honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and sesame seeds. Marinate salmon fillets in mixture for 30 minutes.
- Pour salmon and marinade into skillet and cook on medium heat about 10 minutes, until salmon is cooked thoroughly and no marinade remains. Stir in chives. Fill 4 lettuce leaves with salmon and enjoy!
Chocolate Coconut Chia Pudding
1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1 scoop Chocolate IdealShake
1 tsp coconut extract
3 tbsp chia seeds
- Mix all ingredients until smooth. Refrigerate overnight or at least 8 hours and enjoy!
Tuna Cucumber Boat
- Drain tuna and mix with cream cheese, vinegar, and salt and pepper. Cut cucumber in half (long ways) and scoop out inside.
- Fill both sides with tuna mixture and enjoy!
Give Your Diet an Omega-3 Foods Makeover
Even with these tasty recipes it can be hard to get the right amount of omega-3 foods every day… and that’s where IdealOmega comes in to save the day!
It’s important to get the recommended 500-1000 mg of omega acids a day, to give your body the nutrients and energy it needs to perform necessary functions in the brain, the joints, and especially with your metabolism! (Hello weight loss!)
Adding a supplement like IdealOmega is an incredibly simple way to get these recommended doses, especially without having to add extra calories into your day or planning and making a meal with omega-3 foods when you have little to no time.
For more information about IdealOmega, click here!
If you have any other recipes or cooking tips please feel free to share them in the comments so we can all give them a try as well!